Assorted patches - number one

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Sep 5 06:49:35 EST 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 02:51:16PM -0500, Edward Swarthout wrote:

> For others,
> to get the most benefit with gdb on the kernel, it needs to be
> compiled with -g.  This allows the root user to peek around with
> "gdb vmlinux-g /proc/kcore".  I don't know if there is a need for
> this or how to make it configurable, but here is a simple patch:

In HHL 2.0 we do this:
ifdef CONFIG_KGDB
CFLAGS += -g
ifdef CONFIG_KGDB_MORE
  # Use sed to remove the quotes.
  CFLAGS += $(shell echo $(CONFIG_KGDB_OPTIONS) | sed -e 's/"//g')
endif
endif

And then have a question like:
   bool 'Add any additional compile options' CONFIG_KGDB_MORE
      if [ "$CONFIG_KGDB_MORE" = "y" ]; then
           string 'Additional compile arguments' CONFIG_KGDB_OPTIONS "-O1 -ggdb"
      fi

I was never sure if this was something that just worked but looked ugly, or
if it was actually useful..

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/