current linuxppc_2_4_devel SMP strangeness.. (processes dieing)

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Wed Oct 31 09:21:57 EST 2001

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 01:32:38PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 02:28:40PM -0600, David Boutcher wrote:
> > > It's pre5 ? I think Tom's fix is wrong. It should probably be
> > > copy_user_page or copy_cow_page (I use the last one). Without that,
> > > the cache avoidance will probably win a direct ticket to hell ;)
> >
> > Changing the fix to copy_cow_page fixed the problem...so I pushed that
> > change into the devel tree.  Hopefully Tom doesn't mind.
>
> Not at all.  I just heard Paul say copy_highpage was gone in _devel and
> something about copy_mem_page. :)  I need to go and get my breakable
> PPCs up and running again....

Let's see.. I think that's three changesets that made a change to memory.c
today ;)

Benh pushed one with 'copy_user_page' instead, but it looks like David's
version won the merge.. So is the copy_cow_page optimization usefull in
this case, or not?

Troy Benjegerdes | master of mispeeling | 'da hozer' |  hozer at drgw.net
-----"If this message isn't misspelled, I didn't write it" -- Me -----
"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's
why I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shulz