current linuxppc_2_4_devel SMP strangeness.. (processes dieing)

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Wed Oct 31 05:21:11 EST 2001

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 12:12:21PM -0600, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> Okay, I pulled 2_4_devel this morning and built and SMP kernel my MTX.. it
> booted up, but some weird things started happening..

I am 'reliably' able to reproduce the following:

kalmia:/var/log# /etc/init.d/squid restart
Restarting proxy server:
/etc/init.d/squid: line 3:   450 Segmentation fault      start-stop-daemon
--quiet --start --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $DAEMON -- $SQUID_ARGS
</dev/null
squid.

Troy Benjegerdes | master of mispeeling | 'da hozer' |  hozer at drgw.net
-----"If this message isn't misspelled, I didn't write it" -- Me -----
"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's
why I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shulz