2.4.13-pre5 crash when mounting proc

Edward Swarthout swarthou at ibmoto.com
Fri Oct 26 02:53:27 EST 2001

Tom wrote:

> Um.  Is that _all_ that changed?  That really shouldn't have any effect
> at all...  What compiler/binutils combo is this?

Well it's important for the COPY_16_BYTES_EXCODE macro to switch back to
the .text section or any following code will go in the __ex_table section!

It looks like the .text line was deleted in the 1.8 change set for linuxppc_2_4

If you notice the linuxppc_2_4_devel has two .text lines next to each other.
(I had fun debugging this same type failure when I added the .stabs lines
and left only one .text line)

-Ed