JDK 1.3

Kevin Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 25 02:17:26 EST 2001

Hi,

FYI:

The IBM jdk 1.3.0 with JIT is available now for ppc linux (it needs a
2.4.x kernel to work) from SuSE's ftp website.  Look in Updates for SuSE
ppc 7.1 to find the binaries.

Also, we (Blackdown) now have a volunteer who is working on the HotSpot
port for ppc linux!   So keep your fingers crossed.

Also I talked with IBM about  what they would be releasing in the way of
a JDK for ppc linux.  Basically, they have already released or will
release the basic JDK but support for the Mozilla/Netscape plugin is not
planned.

Thought you might like to know,

Kevin