hfs cdrom broken in 2.4.13pre

Michael Schmitz schmitz at zirkon.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Oct 24 17:21:19 EST 2001

> > kernel at all times, right? Makes it impossibe to build a kernel without
> > loopback, or with loopback as a module? Am I missing something still?
>
> You would need loopback in kernel or as a module. That isnt a big problem

And whatever your root filesystem, it better not rely on loopback for any
blocksize mangling. That's what I'm queasy about, mostly (plus the option
to build kernels without any loopback support, in case anyone wants that).

I'm sure that's been hashed out in excruciating detail, and someone's
thought of it.

	Michael