IRDA/IRCOMM on a TiBook patch (UPDATED)

Michel Dänzer michdaen at iiic.ethz.ch
Sat Oct 20 11:13:00 EST 2001

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 19:24, Till Straumann wrote:

> Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > Sure - I can open a modem connection to my cellphone and issue any AT
> > > command I want. However, I have to take care of all of the three issues
> > > mentioned. (I.e. use patched irattach, use patched kernel and
> > > echo 57600 > /proc/sys/net/irda/max_baud_rate).
> >
> > I have done the latter two and used cat to work around the first. I see
> > something with irdadump but none of the pilot sync tools work. I'm
> > afraid they're broken on PPC yet. :(
>
> Hmm - I still have one of the old PalmPilot devices without irda. What
> exactly do you see with irdadump? (Forgive me the stupid question: you
> have set PILOT_PORT to /dev/ircomm0, right?)

No, of course I hadn't... I still don't, but now /dev/pilot points to
it. I was foolishly thinking it should point to /dev/ttyS1 as well.

So now I just finished synchronizing my Palm from within Linux for the
first time! There goes the last reason to boot into MacOS. :)

Thanks so much, I hope this gets integrated and the macserial driver
propoerly fixed soon.