no luck with Adaptec SCSI controller in 2.4.X

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Sat Oct 13 05:52:07 EST 2001

Hi Justin,

> >So can you point me to where in your driver code the depth of the
> > tagged queueing is dynamically determined?  I would like to play
> > around a bit with the driver code to see if I can tell if the Quantum
> > Fireball is simply spitting back bogus info or and if so what?
>
> I can already tell you what is happening.  We send a bunch of commands
> to the drive expecting it to respond with QUEUE FULL status should we
> send too many, but the drive instead accepts them for future completion
> but never actually responds to the commands.  This is why we time out.

So there is really nothing anyone can do about it?  I will just need to
keep the tag depth at 8 for that drive.

Earlier you said something about a firmware upgrade for those drives?
Would a firmware upgrade help solve this issue more cleanly or given that
it is now working should I just forget about it and leave well enough
alone.

Thanks,

Kevin