boot methods

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Fri Oct 12 18:40:01 EST 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> I would like to make a complete list of the methods people use to boot
> the PPC/Linux kernel on different platforms.  As a start, here is what
> I can think of off the top of my head:

    [...]

> Can others contribute entries to this list please?

CHRP LongTrail: arch/ppc/chrpboot/zImage loaded via OF (floppy, hard disk, CD,
...)

I _think_ this is arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage.chrp these days, but I really
have to verify (Tom? What about your LongTrail?).

Yesterday evening I just powered on my LongTrail again, after 43 days of
downtime due to marriage, honeymoon, moving, etc.  The rest of my home network
still has to be revived... I just hope no one broke LongTrail support during
the past few months :-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds