Proposed solution for interrupt mapping on CPCI and PPMC CPU ports

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Fri Oct 12 05:51:18 EST 2001

Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba.org> wrote:

> Sounds OK, but I wonder why you want a binary format rather than
> something more easily human-readable?

Well, people can store this information wherever they want in whatever format
they want, but I would much prefer it being passed to the kernel in this simple
binary format rather than implement a parser for some human-oriented text
format in the board support files under arch/ppc/kernel.

--
Michael Sokolov				5791 VAN ALLEN WAY
Software Engineer			CARLSBAD CA 92008-7321 USA
					E-mail: msokolov at sbs.com
					     or msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG