SBS Palomar II/IV/V port

Peter Bergner bergner at brule.borg.umn.edu
Thu Oct 11 23:11:23 EST 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:06:22PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
: > 1. The BI_INITRD boot record contains the start address and the size
: >    of the initrd.
: >
: > 2. The BI_INITRD boot record contains the entire initrd itself (as a
: >    really large boot record).
:
: I thought we had agreed on 1 (and nothing uses it yet anyhow).  Tho my
: memory could be hazy.

This was my understanding as well of the earlier conversations,
so this is what I used to implement zImage.initrd for ppc64.
Hopefully everyone remembers this not only affects the ppc32
kernel, but also affects the ppc64 kernel as well.

Peter

--
Peter Bergner
SLIC Optimizing Translator Development / Linux PPC64 Kernel Development
bergner at vnet.ibm.com