Is there a specific Alan Cox series 2.4.X I should grab for ppc linux?

Keith Clayton keith at claytons.org
Tue Oct 9 00:31:35 EST 2001

Hi Kevin,

I tried 2.4.10 from kernel.org and it would lock hard once I needed VM.
I just compiled 2.4.10-ac8 this morning and so far so good.  I've got
112Mb on my machine and (conveniently enough) can run GNOME plus a few
apps before hitting swap.  So I took it right to the edge of physical
memory and then started Mozilla.  No problems.  With 2.4.10 (kernel.org)
this was certain death.

Previously I had 2.4.6 running which worked but would get very slow when
swapping.  Abnormally slow.  (Mouse would freeze temporarily while
swapping).  Not seeing that behavior so far.

Hope that helps a bit.  Not exactly a battle-tested kernel or anything
but so far I find 2.4.10-ac8 to be an improvement over <=2.4.6

Cheers,
Keith

--
Keith Clayton
keith at claytons.org

"If you don't trust me with your source code,
            why should I trust you with my computer?"

Just say no to police states . . encrypt your email

GPG key: http://home.pacbell.net/clay-ton/keith_public_key.html
         http://www.keyserver.net

GPG fingerprint: 33FF 1D80 4562 1600 4BAB  5018 BCB7 635C B0CC 99EE