ide_init_hwif_ports

Joseph P. Garcia jpgarcia at execpc.com
Fri Nov 30 03:20:28 EST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:41:19 +1100 (EST)
Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba.org> wrote:
> So I am proposing to drop ppc_md.ide_init_hwif_ports and change the
> definition of ide_init_hwif_ports in include/asm-ppc/ide.h to the one
> above.
>
> Comments?

I'm not sure about details, so bare with my ignorance. :)

Will a call to ide.c:ide_register() then be using a generic ide_init_hwif_ports?

If so, since the pmac mediabay has a pmac port arrangement, it will need a modification.  It's call to ide_register() would be replaced with a direct call to pmac_ide_init_hwif_ports() followed by ide_register_hw().

While ide_pmac.c registers mediabay's inserted before booting, anything hotswapped is handled by mediabay.c.  There was a time (maybe still now) that some source trees made the pmac's entry in ppc.md_ide_init_hwif_ports generic, breaking the existing code in mediabay.

--
Joseph P. Garcia
http://www.lycestra.com/