TiBook, 1394, iPod working (sort of ;-)

Brad Boyer flar at pants.nu
Wed Nov 28 04:28:47 EST 2001

Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 05:33:51PM -0800, Ira Weiny wrote:
> > 1) How are things with HFS+?  I don't know much but have done some poking
>
> for all appearances its abandoned.  the only sign of anything
> happening with it is someone starting a sourceforge account for it,
> all this has is the very pre-alpha development code which pretty much
> just spews errors and panics the kernel, the same code that was
> released about a year ago or so.

That would be me. I've almost got stuff working for a 2.4.x kernel,
which is what is in CVS for that project. I haven't had it crash
at all after my last block of rewrites, but it still doesn't work
properly. It seemed more important to fix the crashes, since I wasn't
going to get very far with it crashing all the time. I haven't had
much time to work on it recently.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-hfsplus/

> i don't know much about this, its probably not significant, certainly
> not to linux since it has zero support for any revision of HFS+,
> outside of the userland hfsplusutils.

Well, according to Apple's documentation, the only version of HFS+
is version 4, so I have no idea what's up with that...

	Brad Boyer
	flar at allandria.com