Again with the firewire

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Sat Nov 24 13:08:36 EST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> In Stefan's case, it appears to be the transmit DMA of the chip stalling
> for some unknown reason. I suggest moving that discussion to the
> linux1394-devel list as I really don't know what may be going on.

After another test on my part, I discovered that I am not seeing a freeze
on hotplugging. Probably put this iBook to sleep before I plugged the CD
burner in, and the FireWire controller was already a lost cause.

Also, a heads up - I've found that unloading 'ohci1394' before suspend and
reloading it after yields a working system, no freezes after unsuspend. At
least on this FireWire iBook, anyway. If I don't, the system hangs after
unsuspending as soon as a FireWire device is accessed. May be useful for
suspend handling in the driver itself.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates at dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN