X works somewhat on DFP with latest radeonfb.c

Daniel Berlin dan at cgsoftware.com
Sun Nov 18 05:51:40 EST 2001

At least for poweroboks, the problem is that they rely on the bios being
there to detect the DFP/LCD.
Thus, it detects a size of 65535x65535, and things get screwy.
Also, DDC is disabled for PPC, because some can't handle int10 properly.
However, my powerbook seems to deal with it fine.
Comment out the part disabling int10 on powerpc, and see if ddc detects
your DFP properly.

Forcing the Panel size to the right size, I can use the CVS XFree86 on
my tibook2, without the UseFBDev option.

In fact, I almost have DRI working, too.
We just get the wrong address for the location of agp on the uninorth
(It says 16 meg @ 0x0), and thus, screw up.  But it inits the engine
okay, etc.

--Dan