DFP support for kernel radeonfb.c added

Kevin Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Fri Nov 16 05:44:17 EST 2001

Hi,

We have the same setup.  You must have the card installed and the
monitor plugged when your reboot into linux otherwise OF will not be
able to query the card and monitor and create the file.

Then go to /proc/device-tree/pci/ and start looking for an ATY,RADEONp
directory.

Mine was behind a pci bridge so my path looks like the following:

/proc/device-tree/pci/pci-bridge/ATY,RADEONp at 4/

In this directory is a file called DFP,EDID and one called LCD,EDID

If either of those exist for you (or something similar with a EDID in
the name) you should be good to go.

If that file exists and is called any of the following:
LCD,EDID  or DFP,EDID, or EDID1, or EDID  then my version of the driver
should work for you with the added kernel parameters:

video=radeon:of_edid,dfp

If it is called something else, please let me know so that I can add it
to the list.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

ps. I am starting work to fix the XF86 CVS radeon_driver.c code to work
as well.
I'll let you know when I have something working.