2.5.X work

James Simmons jsimmons at transvirtual.com
Wed Nov 14 10:10:24 EST 2001

Hi!

   As some of you know I have been working on a new console system for
2.5.X. Now that 2.5.X is very very close I really like to work together
with various people from various trees to pull this together. The two
biggest changes I have done is:

1) A new fbdev api with is much simpler and allows fbdev devices to exist
   without a console system. Nice for embedded devices.

2) We also will be moving the various input devices including keyboards
   over to the input api.

3) Also I plan to work on a new serial api based on Russell King's work to
   work nicely with the input layer. The serial layer will be more like
   the parallel port layer.

So what I need is the latest drivers from people so they can be ported
over. I also want to know what people needed for the fbdev layer as well
as the input layer. I see some email about DDC support for example. Please
let me know what you need. Thank you.