Scaling registers on r128

Adrian Cox adrian at humboldt.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 20:23:57 EST 2001

This patch to aty128fb is experimental, and intended for the brave.

The attached patch turns on the panel scaling registers of the R128.
I've run this on my iBook2, and I've been able to display 640x480 and
800x600 modes on the panel successfully.

The panel sizes are currently hardwired on the iBook. This code will
benefit greatly from a reliable means to find the panel size.

This has revealed problems in the X server: if the XF86Config-4
specifies 800x600 and the current console is in 1024x768, the display is
broken. This looks like a generic problem in fbdevhw based Xservers, as
I saw something similar on 69030.

--
Adrian Cox   http://www.humboldt.co.uk/