Gxt2000p Patch

Joseph Manojlovich manojlov at cse.psu.edu
Mon Nov 12 05:11:10 EST 2001

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 11:03:41AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> What are the values res_start and res_size for which request_mem_region()
> fails? What does /proc/iomem says?
>
> This can only be a workaround for the problem, not a fix. The real fix is
> probably a fix for the global bus resources.

Yes. I guess I left out "quick and dirty" from the title (other emails
I sent had it). I hope the next patch info I sent resolves the issue
more completely. I sent the original hack patch out before my
realization that all of my issues were related to broken PCI resource
allocation, instead of just for the graphics card (thanks Olaf!).

--
Joe Manojlovich
manojlov at cse.psu.edu
"And a thermostat on a home furnace... is that supposed to go to
 5000 degrees, do you think?"