boot methods

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 4 05:36:21 EST 2001

In message <20011103081553.C29932 at cpe-24-221-152-185.az.sprintbbd.net> you wrote:

> changes.  And I don't think the PPCBoot wrapper needs to be all that big
> either.  I do need to sit down and verify this, but a PPCBoot wrapper
> could be as minimal as taking a current bd_t structure and converting it
> to bi_recs.  No duplicated serial, et al.

I think we'll implement it the other way round: as soon  a  there  is
any  definition  of  the  intended interface we will make PPCBoot use
bi_recs directly, and provide an (optional) bd_t interface for compa-
tibility with old systems.

[We already have to support two interfaces right now: one with clocks
in MHz, the other in Hz. It's not exactly nice, but it works.]

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There is nothing in this world constant but inconstancy.      - Swift