APUS irq patch

Roman Zippel zippel at linux-m68k.org
Fri Nov 2 11:27:46 EST 2001

Hi,

Tom Rini wrote:

> > This patch converts the irq assembly in head.S into C, the only problem is
> > that I needed to change a prototype in <linux/irq.h>, as some additional
> > info has to be saved/restored during an irq.
>
> Ack.  Won't this break other things?  I'm assuming other arches use
> -end() too..

Quite a lot actually and I don't think it's solvable before 2.5.
It's a bit unfortunate that a architecture specific structure is in a
general header. post_irq doesn't exist anymore (which had the pt_regs
pointer), the only other solution would be to rename hw_interrupt_type
and use a private version.

bye, Roman