pismo sleep behaviour w/ 2.4.4-benh

Ira Weiny iweiny at acm.org
Sun May 13 07:51:00 EST 2001

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> >* every 10 or so sleep cycles, the machine locks up. blank screen,
> >no standby-led, and i can only power off with ctrl-alt-apple-power.
> >sysrq fails, too.
>
> It locks up on wakeup or on sleep ?

Just for the record, my Titanium did this the other day as well.  I woke
it up.  I got a screen.  It blanked (the video driver was driving the
screen but displaying all black.) and that was it...  It happened out of
the blue, not before or since.

I could not try to telnet into the box, no other machine.  So I don't
know if it was really down or not.  This is with a recent (< 1week) Ben's
tree and no logs pertaining to anything wrong?

Anyway,  I have not been counting my sleep cycles so I will try what the
gentelman above said to see if I can reproduce it.  But I don't think
I can since I rarely shutdown the machine, just make it sleep.

Anyway thanks because this is working great 99.999% of the time...  ;-)

Ira