Success! (was Re: External Monitor under Pismo)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat May 5 11:03:18 EST 2001

>> Yep. The same is true for atyfb (yes, I should add mirrorring/dualhead
>support
>> for the Mobility in my Vaio :-).
>
>Please do - I tried Ben's mirror utility on the Lombard but no success.
>And I still have no aty docs to look up the details in.

Well, if you do that, it may be interesting to impement the same
ioctls I have in my aty128fb version (I'll send it to you later
if you don't want to rsync down my entire tree).

I beleive you can do something very similar by just toggling the
CRT & LCD enable bits on the first CRT. No need for CRTC 2 for
simple mirroring. "Smart" mirroring (with higher refresh rate) would
require use of CRTC2 however.

Ben.