IRDA support

Michel Dänzer michdaen at iiic.ethz.ch
Fri May 4 21:45:12 EST 2001

Daniel Berlin wrote:

> Uwe Steinmann <steinm at majestix.fernuni-hagen.de> writes:
>
> > short question. Do any of the recent kernels support IRDA on a
> > Pismo?
> Nope.
>
> > If no, what needs to be done to make it work?
>
> Get it to actually turn it on properly, i would imagine.
> it times out trying to send the setup bytes, or something like this.

Yep, here's what I get running irattach when I replace the 'goto out' by break
in irda_setup():

PowerMac Z8530 serial driver version 2.0
tty00 at 0xc9a1c020 (irq = 22) is a Z8530 ESCC (cobalt modem)
tty01 at 0xc9a23000 (irq = 23) is a Z8530 ESCC (IrDA)
irda_setup timed out on 1st byte
irda_setup 1st byte = ff
irda_setup timed out on 2nd byte
irda_setup 2nd byte = ff (4f)
irda_setup timed out on 1st byte
irda_setup 1st byte = ff
irda_setup timed out on 2nd byte
irda_setup 2nd byte = ff (51)

Hope this is meaningful to the people familiar with that code...

I saw comments in macserial.c that it should work on older G3 PowerBooks, can
anyone confirm that? What about iMacs?

I'd really love to get this working for HotSync...