Success kernel-243pre8-SMP(patch)(Re: spin_lock problem inrecent kernel

Tom Gall gall at rochcivictheatre.org
Fri Mar 30 13:07:11 EST 2001

Tony Mantler wrote:

> That's #if*n*def, not #ifdef. :)
>
> And speaking of #ifndef, why are these spinlocks here in the first place
> and/or why do they now need to be removed? Just suddenly removing locks
> because of a new deadlock condition gets my spidey senses tingling.

It all stinks to high heaven, that's for sure. Removing the
page_table_lock from being locked in ioremap, saves us from stopping
cold during the first ioremap (at least on Power3). And as far as the
second, I'm in complete agreement...  warning warning danger will
robinson!

--
Regards,

Tom

Linux Guy             "My heart is human, my blood is boiling,
gall at rochcivictheatre.org    my brain IBM" -- Mr Roboto, Styxx