ieee1394 fixed soon...

Daniel Berlin dan at www.cgsoftware.com
Thu Mar 29 16:43:41 EST 2001

Dave, I already took care of most of these. If you remove the selfid
bitfields, the set of patches i sent to the linux1394 list recently to
make it work on a powerbook g3 should work fine on other big-endian
architectures.

I also have a set of endian fixes for the sbp-2 driver that james goodwin
(author of the sbp-2 stuff) is working on integrating, mainly it involves
removal of all of the bitfields, which were screwing up non-LE
architectures.

I happily use my two 45 gig firewire drives under LinuxPPC, and have been
for weeks.

--Dan