st corruption

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Wed Mar 28 04:26:08 EST 2001

Status update:
  - When I connect my DDS1 to the MESH, I see no corruption (as long as I get
    no `lost arbitration' messages from the MESH driver. I never get those with
    the disk BTW). So the tape drive seems to be fine.
  - I wanted to try different tape drives, but all retired DDS drives I found
    at work seem to be in a non-functional state. I tried 3 of them, without
    any luck.
  - I wanted to try a 2.2.x kernel, but linuxppc_2_2 (2.2.19-pre3) just says
    `illegal instruction' and returns me to the OF prompt.

My next steps:
  - Try to understand the sym53c8xx and st drivers.
  - Look for missing sync()s and cache flushes in PCI and SCSI busmastering
    code.

Anyone else with a clue?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert