xine, ppc and illegal instructions

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 24 11:09:13 EST 2001

>>>>> On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:53:54 +0100, Stefan Berndtsson <stefan at nocrew.org> said:

s> I tried compiling xine-0.4.01 with the ppc-patches by Henry Worth.
s> Compiling went fine.

s> When running the resulting binary, I end up with an Illegal instruction.
s> It doesn't seem to matter what mpegfile I try to use it on, so I assume
s> it dies before messing with the mpeg.

        I was just starting to play with this last night.  When I
tried to run under gdb, I didn't get the errors.  (I haven't tried any
streams yet -- my machine locked up trying to read the DVD.)

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net