es1371.o sound module on a IBM 405 walnut platform

Ralph Blach rcblach at raleigh.ibm.com
Tue Mar 20 06:18:10 EST 2001

Dan,

Well it does.  And I recomend a new kernel interface, and Dan, I KNOW
YOU WILL not like THE VERY IDEA,
by here it is.

I beleive that a kmalloc_little_endian and a kmalloc_nocache should be
added to the port.
The ability to allocate a little endian memory would by defaut handle
conversion in a seamless and quick manner.
copy_from_user and copy_to_use would then do the bit to little endian
conversions.

By the same token, an interface to allocate noncached memory would be
spiffy.  I would also assist in the porting of device drivers that need
lots of little non cached spaces like scsi and USB drivers.

Chip

The 405gp has the ability