2.4.2 USB and "mon>" (was Re: All 6 cards!!!)

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed Mar 7 17:49:55 EST 2001

On   7 Mar, this message from Benjamin Herrenschmidt echoed through cyberspace:

>>Are you sure this is right? While trying to solve my
>>2.4-paulus-doesn't-boot-my-7600 probelm, I came across that code; and
>>sure enough, OF 1.0.5 (whic Stefan has in his 9500 also) doesn't have a
>>'quiesce' OF word.
>
> It doesn't, yes, but did it break ?

Oh yes, sure enough. However, I am unable to tell you _where_ exactly it
breaks.

I've been unable to boot _any_ 2.3/2.4 kernels on my machine since
around 2.3.99 or a bit earlier. Some revisions would boot part of the
time, but most of them not at all. Symtom is always the same: hang
before initializing the framebuffer, i.e. still on the OF screen.

I get the 'retunring 0x... from prom_init' string, but nothing after
that.....

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |