2.4.2 USB and "mon>" (was Re: All 6 cards!!!)

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed Mar 7 09:10:43 EST 2001

On   6 Mar, this message from Benjamin Herrenschmidt echoed through cyberspace:

>>Running 2.4.2 (kfukui) on 9500-class machine with an OrangeMicro USB
>>firewire card [ADB keyboard + USB mouse], have noted 2 things:
>>

> Can you try a couple of things:
>
>  - First, check if the kernel works without the USB card

The probelm with the USB card is related to it getting IRQ1. Something
is fishy with assigning PCI interrupts (still or once again, I don't
know...)

>  - Then, edit prom.c, and looks for the code that calls OF "quiesce" call.
>    This code might be inside a if () checking OF version. If it is, then
> remove
>    the if () to force a call on all OF versions

Are you sure this is right? While trying to solve my
2.4-paulus-doesn't-boot-my-7600 probelm, I came across that code; and
sure enough, OF 1.0.5 (whic Stefan has in his 9500 also) doesn't have a
'quiesce' OF word.

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |