"unhandled relocation type 18" ???

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 6 19:02:21 EST 2001

In message <Pine.LNX.4.05.10103060824030.29713-100000 at callisto.of.borg> you wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > when trying to "insmod" a  kernel  module  that  uses  floating-point
> > functions  like  "sin", we get error messages:
> >
> > 	unhandled relocation type 18
>
> Does it also complain about a missing symbol for `sin'?

No, it does not.

We made sure to link the module with  the  math  library  to  resolve
those references.

But we still get those  error  messages;  the  first  is  always  for
lshrdi3  -  which is linked with our module (but also provided by the
kernel - could there be any problems?), and then we get a  long  list
of errors for pack and unpack functions - whatever they are.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
An Elephant is a mouse with an Operating System.              - Knuth