digital audio g4 failing at machine check

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Mar 2 01:05:36 EST 2001

>what is the "digital audio" hardware? - is it Apple Screamer/Awacs?
>
>or is the "audio" completely irrelevant to the problem?
>
>(we might have an interaction between Adaptec 2930 & sound showing on other
>much earlier PowerComputing models as well)

Those are the new G4s. They use yet a new audio chip which is on the I2S/
I2C bus (and also use various GPIOs for things like speaker mute). I
don't have much more details yet.

I don't think there is anything related between the sound chip and the
Adaptec card. Those old problems were possibly due to some bus bandwidth
problems & DBDMA bugs, I don't think KeyLargo is subject to such bugs.

Ben.