dynamic modification exception handler

kerler kerler at mailandnews.com
Thu Mar 1 14:49:06 EST 2001

Hi David,

The last codes I used is in the following.
The "i < len + start + CACHE_BLOCK_SIZE" in for-circle is for the situation
that the range of memory may not align with cache block. This is one of the
reason that my codes does not work well.

thanks very much.

#define CACHE_BLOCK_SIZE 0x20
void mdb_flush_cache (const unsigned int start, const unsigned int len)
{
    unsigned int i;
    for ( i = start ; i < len + start + CACHE_BLOCK_SIZE ; i +=
CACHE_BLOCK_SIZE )
    {
        __asm__ __volatile__ ("dcbf 0,%0"::"r"((void*)i));
    }
    __asm__ __volatile("sync");
    for ( i = start ; i < len + start + CACHE_BLOCK_SIZE ; i +=
CACHE_BLOCK_SIZE )
    {
        __asm__ __volatile__ ("icbi 0,%0"::"r"((void*)i));
    }
    __asm__ __volatile("sync;isync;");
}