aty128fb.c missing from rync'd benh sources...

Daniel Berlin dan at cgsoftware.com
Fri Jul 27 15:26:43 EST 2001

"Joseph P. Garcia" <jpgarcia at execpc.com> writes:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:08:32 -0400
> Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware.com> wrote:
>> You just aren't using the --delete flag, so it never deleted the file.
>
> Confirmed.  Just ran a sync.

> deleting toto
> deleting fs/cramfs/cramfs.h
> deleting drivers/video/aty128fb.c
> deleting drivers/ieee1394/guid.h
> deleting drivers/ieee1394/guid.c
> deleting drivers/ieee1394/aic5800.h
> deleting drivers/ieee1394/aic5800.c
>
> And rsync will only delete files if run with the --delete flag.

Right. Mirrors with extra space will keep older, deleted, versions of files
around (remember, rsync is a mirroring tool), while those with less
space will just want an exact mirror (or whatever). Hence the
--max-delete flag, and whatnot.

--
"I didn't get a toy train like the other kids.  I got a toy
subway instead.  You couldn't see anything, but every now and