nfs lockd

Ethan Benson erbenson at alaska.net
Thu Jul 26 23:57:50 EST 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:14:14PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:

> the init scripts start-up of lockd has been failing for quite some time on
> my installations (prob. since 2.4.x started).
>
> I believe I'm up-to-date on utils/nfs stuff etc.
>
> is this a known problem - or something wrong with my set-up?

the problem is your initscript, lockd is started automatically by the
kernel.  debian's initscript checks whether the userspace lockd
program should be run or not (all that program actually does is tell
the kernel to start the lockd thread if its not already).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/