suspend to disk

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Mon Jul 23 07:01:09 EST 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 12:30:22PM -0500, Rob the Lathaminator wrote:

> I don't know of any other software suspend to disk projects besides
> http://falcon.sch.bme.hu/~seasons/linux/swsusp.html, and it is i386
> only.
>
> so i was going to look at porting it, unless any of the heavy hitter ppc
> kernel hackers have a better approach for software suspend to disk on
> ppc...

I'd suggest using the powerbook sleep code.. although I don't know how
this would interact with writing things out to the disk..

Benh, any thoughts?

Troy Benjegerdes | master of mispeeling | 'da hozer' |  hozer at drgw.net
-----"If this message isn't misspelled, I didn't write it" -- Me -----
"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's
why I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shulz