R_PPC_REL24 relocation out of range

David Burg david.burg at nero.com
Fri Jul 20 23:30:09 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm making cross-compilation from x86 to powerpc and I got such nice error
while executing :
dlopen: ./libf.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x6fdb6458 for symbol
`L_OFFSET_TABLE_' out of range

With dynamic linked libraries. Making a search on the internet, I have seen
someone got the same trouble :

http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-dev/200003/msg00025.html

I try this simple program and got the error with the cross-compiler (a
powerpc-linux-gcc 2.95.2 with matching g++ and ld behind). This web page was
of previous year, so I bet there exist a fix now but I can't find it.

I allready use -fpic -fPIC flags to my g++ calls. Note that the bug happen
when cross-compiling the libraries but not when localy compiling the
libraries.

Best regards,

David Burg.