Video acceleration on IMSTT with bk (and Ben's) 2.4.7-pre6 kernel

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 08:52:31 EST 2001

> I just compiled 2.4.7pre6 from Ben's tree, and another one from bk, with
> the same results. It compiled without any problems, but I can't have
> accelerated video. I use "video=imsttfb:vmode:17,cmode:16 video=ofonly"
> as kernel args to have a working unaccelerated video. Without ofonly, I
> get some blue dots forming a very distortioned screen of what should be
> there (linux logo and kernel verbosity). Without the imsttfb part, it
> won't work after the initial boot screen: it stops after
[snip]

BK 2.4.7-pre6:

OK.  It comes up for me 9600/233 with video acceleration and runs "single".

However, it won't start the X-server the error is something like:

 _X11TransConnectUNIX??? errno = 111

Other symptom is that the splash screen #cpus penguin is missing it's
background.

exactly the same config boots 2.4.3 OK and starts the X-server OK.

dmesg attached - I think Ben already has the lspci stuff from this machine -
but I can send it again if needed.

ciao,
Iain.