Clock drift on an iBook2

Ethan Blanton eblanton at cs.ohiou.edu
Wed Jul 18 03:32:05 EST 2001

Benjamin Herrenschmidt spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Something else you can try: in arch/ppc/kernel/pmac_time.c, comment
> out the call to via_calibrate_decr() (and the return too) so that
> we use the device-tree "timebase-frequency" instead, and tell us if
> it makes any difference.

That seems to have improved it *greatly*.   I know have a drift (only
sampled after a few minutes, so somewhat inaccurate -- but accurate
enough to tell that it's no longer seconds/minute) more on a par with
what I have come to expect.
Ethan

--
If I've told you once, I've told you once
And once is all that you needed.