Clock drift on an iBook2

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Jul 18 02:50:32 EST 2001

>I have a new iBook2 and I'm having *severe* clock drift problems -- on
>the order of several seconds gained per minute.  I'd like to get this
>taken care of, and it seems to be a linux problem as OSX appears to
>have a stable clock.
>
>I'm running BenH's 2.4.7-pre6 right now, but I also saw it on 2.4.6.
>
>Is this a known problem?  If not, what can I do to help get this fixed?
>Ethan

Are you using MOL or do you experience this with nothing special running ?

Do you have the same issue if you disable powersave_nap (/proc/sys/
kernel/powersave_nap) ?

The TB is calibrated using the VIA, if we don't have a correct VIA frequency
or if the calibration routine is slightly off, that may also explain the
problem.

Ben.