2.4 - buttons, temperature, ictc

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Jul 18 00:40:24 EST 2001

> >With 2.5 even CONFIG_PMAC_BACKLIGHT in adbhid.c will go away and you _have_
> >to use the event devices then, so you better start using them _now_. Taking
> >kernel bloating shortcuts is not the way to go IMHO.
>
> Right, all this belongs to userland. I might include part of this
> patch in 2.4 so we have the feature working now, but for 2.5, I'd
> rather use the event devices for both backlight and volume, and
> have pmud handle them.

Why pmud? For backlight I kind of see how you'd get that notion. But
volume?

I admit to zero knowledge about the event device stuff but if it's
anything like register_event(fd, handler, event_code) or select instead of
having a hander registered I'd rather have some sort of event daemon
handle all this. That way, users could even customize the thing to get
particular functions mapped to keys :-)

	Michael