2.4 - buttons, temperature, ictc

Joseph P. Garcia jpgarcia at execpc.com
Tue Jul 17 15:45:40 EST 2001

mostly a rehash of patches from the past, and mostly not mine originally, attached is a patch.gz against the latest BenH 2.4 kernel.  It adds support for:
- repeating brightness buttons
- volume buttons (using kernel space volume control interface)  supported sound cards only (screamer, burgundy?)
- temperature support for my wallstreet 750CX, which doesn't use TAU. (not sure what CPUs support this coding.  no checks yet)
- ICTC proc support  (I still have this in my kernel.  might use it one day)
- small ATY resource tweak in pmac_pci.c (I like it at 0x830--.  not sure if 0x800-- is best or not.  ignore if you like.)

I'm willing to help see some of these get into a public tree.  BenH showed interest in the repeating and volume buttons, but with the noted exception of providing user space an interface to use them.  This coding has a broken new input layer volume key support, which if completed, and supported by a daemon, could lighten the code bulk extensively. (links between adbhid - pmacfeatures - dmasound[module] aren't pretty)

figured now was a good time to remind people these things still exist.

--
Joseph P. Garcia
http://www.execpc.com/~jpgarcia