RTC and SCSI for PowerStack/2.4.6 Kernel

Olaf Hering olh at suse.de
Tue Jul 10 06:54:23 EST 2001

On Mon, Jul 09, Jeff Rugen wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Olaf Hering wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 09, Jeff Rugen wrote:
> >
> > > I did have VGA console be the default, and installed clgenfb as a module.
> >
> > Is there a way to rmmod the module later?
> > The colors are wrong in X whit >8bit and the console is slow with fbcon :)
> >

> I haven't tried removing it, but as far as I know, support for that still
> isn't there.  I tended to use Xbh rather than XFBDev for my X server,
> because Xbh it at least had some acceleration in it.  But I am still using
> 3.3.6 (or something like that) for X.  I don't know if Xbh is downloadable
> from anywhere these days, but I had planned on playing with X once 2.4.x
> is relatively stable on my machine.  What version of X do people run on
> the PowerStack these days (if at all)?

I run 4.1.0 and it appears to be usable with "fbdev" as driver. It
should be faster than3.3.6.
There must be a copy of Xbh somewhere, but it segfaulted for me last
time I tried it (and removed it from the distro ;). Maybe the hardware
didnt match :)
I could put it in pneguinppc.org if needed.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS