mesh SCSI bus locks hard on 7500 when burning a CD-R in dao mode

Daniel Eisenbud eisenbud at cs.swarthmore.edu
Sun Jan 28 16:09:29 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 09:34:01PM -0500, Daniel Eisenbud <eisenbud at cs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> Maybe the next thing to do (why didn't I think of this sooner?) is to
> strace cdrdao and cdrecord and see what system call they're really
> hanging in, and what difference there is between what they do in dao
> mode and what they do in tao mode.  More later!

Attached is strace output from cdrdao.  I honsetly can't make much of
it, but maybe someone else will be able to?  I'm not sure if it hung in
the last read or the last write.  I think it was the last read, because
strace printed part of that line and then its output file (which I put
on a ramdisk, and tarred to a floppy from there, so I wouldn't have to
copy it by hand once my SCSI bus was useless) didn't change for a while,
and then the read line finished printing.  There's probably a way to
make strace print timestamps, and I'll do that tomorrow (as well as
doing this with cdrecord in both disk-at-once and track-at-once modes to
be able to compare them.

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud