Fwd: mesh SCSI bus locks hard on 7500 when burning a CD-R in dao mode

Daniel Eisenbud eisenbud at cs.swarthmore.edu
Sun Jan 28 06:57:58 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 12:39:31PM +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> Do you get the same lockup without the G3 accelerator ?

Good question.  I got the CD-RW and the accelerator at the same time,
so I actually have no idea.  About six months ago when I made a brief
attempt to look into this problem, I found another report of the same
thing, which I don't think mentioned an accelerator.  I'll have to try
to figure out where I saw that.  In any case, I can swap in the old CPU
this weekend and see if it works.  I'll report back when I have more
information.

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud