[Dri-devel] PPC Lockup (ati-pcigart-branch)

Michel Dänzer daenzer at relog.ch
Tue Jan 23 04:43:31 EST 2001

Dan Malek wrote:

> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> >                 entry->pagelist[j]= pte_page( *pte );
>
> Bzzzzt....you lose :-).
>
> The pte_page returns the kernel's page_struct for a physical
> memory page, not the physical address which you are after......
> You ignored the compiler warning here, didn't you :-).

No, that's not the problem, pagelist is struct page ** :-/ (and pagelist is
allocated)

BTW I tried to replace this construct with entry->pagelist[j]= virt_to_page(i)
and it ran through this loop, but died even worse later (pagelist[j]->virtual
!= i). Why doesn't that work?

Seems I have a lot to learn...

Michel