Issue with small struct return values

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Sun Jan 21 13:54:26 EST 2001

Hi,

Boy are we on different pages!

On Saturday 20 January 2001 21:45, David Edelsohn wrote:
> You asked about a stdarg extension.  That is what I have been
> discussing.

I thought you said that vararg changes were C standards issues and not GCC
issues.

So I have been asking about the process of the ABI change since you said you
could not impact on the decision to add a MACRO to hide our unique varargs.
I never wanted to change the varargs, I wanted a macro to hide passing
pointers and dereferencing va_lists.

It would make no sense to break the abi on vararg passing and then support
a change on returning small structures to support the abi.

I am interested in the process of if and when the abi change will be made
that Andy wants to make myself clearer.  Can you shed some light on this?

Kevin