[Dri-devel] PPC Lockup (ati-pcigart-branch)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 20 04:11:33 EST 2001

In message <3A686DFE.9030308 at valinux.com> Jeff Hartmann wrote:

> I dunno if the kgdb patch works on powerpc, but you might try it.  You
> could single step through this code since your not at a point where
> interrupts are disabled.
>
> Unfortunately kdb (built-in kernel debugger) does not work on the
> powerpc.  It is REALLY useful when your debugging code when interrupts

OTOH on many PPC systems you can just hook up a BDM / JTAG  debugger,
which  provides  a  tool  which  is even more powerful (since you can
freeze the whole CPU, including all internal timers etc.).

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Only in our dreams we are free. The rest of the time we neeed  wages.
                                    - Terry Pratchett, _Wyrd Sisters_